Nov 3, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me

Photo Credit
So I never have any problem making a birthday/Christmas wish list. But this year I am really working on being less selfish and more grateful for all the blessings in my life. With that said, instead of the list of wants here is a list of things I'm grateful for.

  1. My Husband. Not only does he work hard to provide for me, he is constantly working to become the best version of himself. How could a wife not be grateful for that?
  2. My Parents. I have the BEST. PARENTS. EVER. PERIOD. They have given me so many valuable life lessons on love, marriage, God, and life in general. I would be nothing without them.
  3. My Sister. She is one of my favorite people (or is it person?) to hang out with. She is always completely honest with me. She knows all my faults and mistakes and still loves me. 
  4. My In-laws. I'm blessed to have married into such a wonderful, generous, and spiritually strong family.
  5. My Siblings-in-law. Nothing better than having extended family that you love hanging out with. Each of them has supported me in amazing ways and I know I can depend on them for anything.
  6. My Grandparents. As I grow older I have made more of an effort to keep in touch and spend time with them. It has been time well spent learning what they have to offer by way of wisdom and knowledge. 
  7. My Job. Thankful for a job? YES! I'm grateful to not only be working but to working at a place that is professional and allows me to be creative. 
  8. A place to live. This seems obvious, but I'm grateful for our tiny little beach studio. Sometimes I wish for a bigger space, but them I realize that I might never get to live this close to the beach again. So every time I feel like it is too small, I go walk for a walk on the beach.
  9. Living in America. For all its faults, the USA is a great place to live. Every time I listen to the radio or see an article online about what is going on in the world I am thankful to live in a country founded on Freedom and Christianity.
  10. My God. I don't thank Him enough for all that He has done for me. I'm constantly amazed how He continues to work in my life on a daily basis whether it be through prayer, music, or those praying for me, God is truly awesome.
I could come up with plenty more, but decided 10 was a good round number for this. Now I'm off to celebrate, 28 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment